How to Measure Doors
Measuring your door is an important step in remodeling
MEASURE FOR SLAB SIZE:
The SLAB is a door only
or sidelight only. No frames, jambs or parts added to make door operate.
- Door Size: Measure width and height of door only.
- Sidelight size: Measure width and height of sidelight only.
* NOTE: You can cut doors up to 1 inch.
MEASURE FOR UNIT SIZE:
Unit Size: (Doors and sidelights with
frame and parts - Unit Size is your pre-hang size)
- Width - Start at end of door or sidelight and run tape measure across
to other end of door or sidelight.
- Height - Measure top to bottom of DOOR ONLY.
- Calculating the height will vary according to manufacturer as well
as in-swing and out-swing options - calculate
your door size
ROUGH OPENING SIZE:
Add 1" to unit height and unit width for frame construction; add 2" to
unit height and unit width for block construction.
If you would like a printer-friendly version of this page
in order to measure your door size and write down the measurements, please click here.
Click here to find residential or commercial doors.